Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Hate that I Missed Tuesday and Wednesday

Finally, all the billing is done. I actually enjoy the process, don't misunderstand. It's just that there was soooo much to do. Plus, coming off a holiday weekend, the office staff was a bit looney.

My husband and I hiked last Saturday afternoon probably more exercise than either of us have had in ages. Unfortunately, my husband's feet are achingly sore still, and now we are terribly worried. He has MS and he is starting to panic because walking is like "trying to walk on pencils" is how he describes it. I'm panicking because I don't know what to do for him. I thought that he had bruised the bottoms of his feet because his hiking boots are old. But, after about 2 hours sleep last night, he told me this morning that it's the top of his feet that are the worst. I was hoping that maybe we were making too much of it, but, on the other hand, it is MS and it affects nerves, and maybe it is the problem. See how confusing it is.

My sister cheered me up last night with a recipe. And, she also cheered me with the news that I am getting "Nuts and Bolts" for Christmas! Since I know my Mom has not read this blog, I know I am safe in writing this...and if I am a goofball for assuming that Mom can't figure out the blog address thing, then it serves me right to get "yelled" at. Yelling from either my sis or my Mom is usually humorous with all of us laughing and goofing off. So, as you can see, I'm not too worried, unless...Mom really sends me nuts and bolts, oooops!

The church project is still going on. I am 4 days behind on my self-imposed schedule. The pictures were supposed to be done by Dec 1st. Didn't happen. So, I am still plugging away at that. I panicked last night at the church campaign dinner when the attendance was MUCH higher than anticipated (estimated 150 with 35 kids. actual: 188 with 50 kids) because it was a week night, and my brunch is on Sunday which means as many or more folks will attend. Exciting, but will there be enough food? Oh my, I'll keep you posted.

So, my sister's recipe is called Mayonnaise Muffins. I have not tried them yet, but I am making them tonight. She swears that they are delicious, moist, and she's not a mayo person at all.



Mayonnaise Muffins

Serves: 6

Ingredients:

1 cup milk

1 cup self rising flour

1 tsp sugar

1 heaping TB mayonnaise

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Combine all ingredients just until moist. Spoon into a baking cup-lined muffin pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and not jiggly. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment